Sunday, June 28, 2009

Bye Bye Miss American Pie

This Blog Post was originally posted on 2006-12-29 @ 05:00am....

I'm sitting on the floor in my new apt in Marlborough, MA writing this blog. I have no furniture except for a blow up mattress and a humidifier I bought today.

Rule #1, if you have gas heat your skin will begin to feel like a prune and you will get a nasty shock every time you take 2 steps across the floor. Dries out everything. The pro's outweigh the cons though-the heat's paid for by the landlord :-)

My husband and cat are flying in tomorrow morning at 5:00am. It's now 11:00pm, the jet lag and excitement of my husband coming out to our empty apt is keeping me buzzing. My butt is going flat and feels sort of tingly sitting on the floor for the last hr using the computer so I don't think I'm going to last much longer. I'm so excited I miss my hubby and I can't wait for someone else around to think a store called Price Chopper is pretty darn funny and should have several stupid jokes made about it immediately.

Tomorrow we're expecting snow flurries. Since we didn't get allot of snow in South San Francisco Bay Area, CA (ok, none in fact) this will be a first for me. My husband used to live in the snow before moving to CA. I've gone to Tahoe several times so a Nigerian in Greenland I am not. But I am recharging the camera battery tonight to take pictures tomorrow.

"Bye Bye Miss A. Pie"-That was the song my best friend and I sang when we drove up to Seattle, WA from Oakland, CA 6 years ago. She was moving to Seattle and I was expecting to follow along within a yr or two later. Now she's a mother of two living in Western Washington, is a Born Again Christian, and married.

She tries to tell me about the consistency and texture of her children's various liquids exiting their body (which they seem to do allot of for the first several years) which I have no interest in hearing about. This just encourages her sick sense of humor to continue and say that mantra all women thinking of procreating HATE to hear: "You'll feel different when it's your own child".

I don't care what anyone says, I'm not bringing some 14 month old kid to a restaurant so the surrounding tables can listen to those various liquids leak out while they exercise their ever expanding vocal range. Nope, not going to happen. Cynical? Yes. A Pessimist? Through and Through. But really now people- You should throw me a friggin parade for this shouldn't you?

So back to the song Bye Bye Miss A. Pie...Does anyone really know more than the main verse to that song? Yes, I know it's about Buddy Holly dying I think that's great but it's up there with "Leaving on a Jet Plane" for having very cool lyrics for about 5% of the entire song, the rest of which I have no interest in hearing.

So of course I had those 2 songs stuck in my head 2 days ago when I boarded my Jet Blue plane for a Red Eye to Boston, MA I. This time the trip was only 5 hours long, had free cable tv for all, and they gave us these cool little gift packs with ear plugs and hand lotion from Bliss cosmetics, not bad for $200.

No comments:

Post a Comment